FREE Training for Health & Social Care Staff (Oxfordshire Staff Only)
Date: 24th April 2019 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Prior booking is necessary. Sign up to our email list to receive future training dates.
This training is very popular and usually over subscribed. Last time we advertised there were 500 applications for 250 places. If you book a place, please let us know if you cannot attend so that we can offer your place to someone on the waiting list. Depending on circumstances, a £50 + vat charge may be incurred by those failing to attend without letting us know in advance.
Refreshments provided; please bring own lunch
Facilitators: Autism Oxford Training Team:
Autistic trainers who will give unique professional and personal perspectives from experience, and impart up-to-date knowledge and best practice. Our autistic trainers are gifted and talented speakers, delivering training with openness, honesty, clarity and humour, resulting in a truly memorable session .…..as you can see from:
Feedback from Previous Sessions:
“Seriously, one of the best 90 minutes of CPD I’ve had in years!” Dr Matthew Stephenson, Consultant Psychiatrist, Oxford Health NHS FT
“I have learnt more in 3 hours than I have in 20 years of training” Sophie, Psychotherapist
“Incredible, so generous, open, gentle, compassionate, intelligent and funny – I feel so much more equipped and less in the dark” Sophie Breakenridge, Care Worker
“There is no comparison to a lecturer talking about autism to your presenters – they are informative, inspirational and encapture all aspects of their lives in a way that could benefit all professionals!” Emily Jones, Trainee Drama therapist.
After attending this course you will:
- have an understanding of the Autism Spectrum and its key features
- have awareness of what Autism looks like and appreciation of how it feels on the inside
- have insights into everyday issues that can affect people with Autism, such as sensory issues, Anxiety, Fear, Low Self-esteem
- be able to identify and use some autism-friendly strategies and ‘reasonable adjustments’
- understand the importance of Autism-friendly communication and what that means
- be aware of autism services & organisations in Oxfordshire & the Alert Card Scheme
Location: Abell House Horspath Driftway, Oxford, OX2 0ES
If you need assistance with booking please call 01844 396884.
Bookings are closed for this event.