Training for Staff working with Autistic people of all ages
Date: 14th June 2019 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
This is a hugely popular course for anyone working with autistic people of any age, whether children, young people or adults. It has been presented to Oxfordshire professionals since 2011 and is always heavily oversubscribed. We are not funded to offer the course free of charge outside of Oxfordshire, but we have received numerous enquiries and are therefore aware that many other professionals would like to attend. So we are offering the same course on a pay to attend basis in Aylesbury. We look forward to meeting many new colleagues at the courses in June and July have no doubt that you will find them enjoyable and useful, as over 5,000 previous attendees have.
Refreshments provided; please bring own lunch
Facilitators: Autism Oxford Training Team:
Autistic trainers who will give unique professional and personal perspectives from experience, and impart up-to-date knowledge and best practice. Our autistic trainers are gifted and talented speakers, delivering training with openness, honesty, clarity and humour, resulting in a truly memorable session .…..as you can see from:
Feedback from Previous Sessions:
“Seriously, one of the best 90 minutes of CPD I’ve had in years!” Dr Matthew Stephenson, Consultant Psychiatrist, Oxford Health NHS FT
“I have learnt more in 3 hours than I have in 20 years of training” Sophie, Psychotherapist
“Incredible, so generous, open, gentle, compassionate, intelligent and funny – I feel so much more equipped and less in the dark” Sophie Breakenridge, Care Worker
“There is no comparison to a lecturer talking about autism to your presenters – they are informative, inspirational and encapture all aspects of their lives in a way that could benefit all professionals!” Emily Jones, Trainee Drama therapist.
After attending this course you will:
- have an understanding of the Autism Spectrum and its key features
- have awareness of what Autism looks like and appreciation of how it feels on the inside
- have insights into everyday issues that can affect people with Autism, such as sensory issues, Anxiety, Fear, Low Self-esteem
- be able to identify and use some autism-friendly strategies and ‘reasonable adjustments’
- understand the importance of Autism-friendly communication and what that means
- be aware of autism services & organisations in Oxfordshire & the Alert Card Scheme
Cost per person: £60 + vat = £72.00
Location: Aylesbury Methodist Church Community Centre Buckingham Street, Aylesbury, HP20 2NQ
Bookings are closed for this event.